The Alliance Theatre is inviting YMCA families to join them for socially distanced performances outdoors this spring! Performances will include a Woody Guthrie concert for children and more. Tickets are free for Y families on a first come first serve basis. Check out these amazing upcoming shows!
WORKING: A MUSICAL (*limited tickets available)
From the book by Studs Terkel
Adapted by Stephen Schwartz and Nina Faso
With additional contributions by Gordon Greenberg
Songs by Craig Carnelia, Micki Grant, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mary Rodgers and Susan Birkenhead, Stephen Schwartz, and James Taylor
Directed by Tamilla Woodard
“Everyone should have something to point to, something to be proud of.” WORKING: A Musical explores what makes our work meaningful across all walks of life. Whether it be in an office, a restaurant, your home, or you’ve retired, this musical reminds us to celebrate not only what we do, but how we do it. With original songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Stephen Schwartz, and James Taylor, the Alliance Theatre’s concert staging of WORKING will premiere as part of the Under the Tent series.
April 22nd-June 6th
SONGS TO GROW ON
A Woody Guthrie concert for children! – A family-friendly concert event featuring American folk music legend Woody Guthrie’s classic children’s songs. Performed by Rob Lawhon and drawn primarily from Guthrie’s iconic album Songs to Grow on for Mother and Child, this cycle of songs captures the whimsy, joy, and wonder of childhood in three chords & a whole lot of fun. Join Woody and his dog Arlo as they serenade Atlanta families with songs that celebrate the human spirit.
May 6th-May 16th
HOW TO REDEEM FREE TICKETS using the YMCA promo code: LGYMCA
1. Navigate to page: www.alliancetheatre.org/underthetent
2. Scroll down and click on LEARN MORE for the show of your choice.
3. Click on GET TICKETS on the right-hand side of the screen and choose your DATE/TIME from the drop-down calendar.
4. Type in your unique promo code (LGYMCA)into the top right corner of the screen in the PROMO CODE slot / then Click SUBMIT. A Thank you message should appear in red.
5. Scroll down to the seating map to choose an available 2-person or 4-person pod for your household or group. Available pods are indicated as gold or blue on the seating chart.
*Note that if there are no available tickets for this performance, you can use the drop-down menu on the top left-hand side to choose another performance.
6. For CHOOSE A TICKET TYPE, select COMPLIMENTARY
7. Click ADD TO CART
8. On the next screen, you will either create an account or log in to an existing account
9. Please CHECKOUT to complete the order / It will be a $0.00 cost to you.
10. You’re done! Tickets to the show will be delivered by email.
Thank you to the Alliance Theatre for this amazing partnership opportunity!