Wondering if YMCA Summer Camp could be the right fit for your child? Y camps give kids from all backgrounds a safe space to come together, unplug, connect and have fun at 18 locations around metro Atlanta, in addition to our overnight camps at Lake Burton and Lake Allatoona.
In a digital world where kids are increasingly connected to screens and smart devices, Y camps focus to unplug kids from distractions and connect them to community, nature and one another. Y summer camps help kids build independence, friendship and a sense of belonging.
Here are the top eight benefits of Y Summer Camp:
1. BUILDS CONFIDENCE by helping children develop a sense of identity, explore their interests and discover their strengths.
2. TEACHES TEAMWORK within their groups to help develop communication skills, emotional intelligence and leadership skills with guidance from positive role models.
3. FOSTERS GROWTH by taking kids out of their comfort zone and encouraging them to try new things.
4. PRIORITIZES PLAY in order to develop creative thinking, explore imagination and just take time to be silly.
5. PROMOTES CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT through focusing on our four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
6. SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIVING by encouraging physical activity and healthy eating.
7. NURTURES RELATIONSHIPS through bonding with other campers over shared experiences and common interests.
8. PROVIDES A FUN WAY TO UNPLUG by helping kids connect to the joys of life beyond the screen.
Sign up now for Y Summer Day Camp!
Register for Y Overnight Camp!