November is National Gratitude Month, and we have so much to be thankful for. We would like to share 30 things we’re thankful for, one for each day of the month.
1. The diversity of our members who each offer unique perspectives and enrich the larger Y community.
2. Our volunteers who strengthen the communities we serve.
3. Our donors who make it possible to continue serving all.
4. Our community partners that contribute invaluable resources.
5. Our staff who change lives every day with the work they do.
6. Our facilities that provide a safe space for us to build community.
7. Social media for letting us engage and connect when we’re apart.
8. STEAM Learning for allowing us to integrate science, technology, arts and math into an invigorating curriculum.
9. Summer camp that lets us develop skills outside of school.
10. Overnight camp that provides a supportive community of peers and dedicated leaders for our teens.
11. Swim lessons to keep us safe in and around water.
12. Afterschool for providing additional academic support after the school bell rings.
13. The kindness and compassion of others that allow us to connect.
14. Nutritious foods that nourish our bodies and minds.
15. Early Learning for preparing our children for success.
16. Teachers who nurture and grow our students’ minds.
17. Coaches for pushing us to perform to the best of our abilities.
18. Trainers who motivate us to work harder.
19. Friends that are there for us through the good and bad times.
20. Physical and mental health for giving us the abilities and strength to achieve our goals.
21. Memories made with our Y community members.
22. Role models and mentors for their patience and guidance.
23. The future opportunities we will have to make an impact.
24. The past for the lessons learned and foundations built that brought us to today.
25. The present for allowing us to fully engage and appreciate what’s been accomplished.
26. Team sports that taught us to work together to overcome obstacles.
27. Rest days for us to recover from hard workouts.
28. Meditation and yoga for calming us down when life gets stressful.
29. Books for teaching us to think from different perspectives.
30. Atlanta — its supportive community and everything it has to offer.
By Daphne Yuan
Social Media and MARCOM Specialist