|METRO ATLANTA YMCA Home|
Register | Applicant Info | Advanced Leadership Camp | Leaders In Training | ALA Conference | Retreats | FAQ
Why should you go to an ALA Spring Weekend?
• All ALC and LIT participants for the upcoming summer
Why do I need to go to an ALA Spring Weekend?
• To continue the year-round leadership training • To meet your staff and mentors for the upcoming year
• To grow and fine tune leadership skills before summer camp begins
How many ALA Spring Weekends do I need to attend?
• One of the three spring weekends is a requirement to attend. • Feel free to attend more weekends in the spring if you are available.
Things to Bring
• 2014 ALA Nametag • Sleeping Bag and Pillow • Clothes that can get dirty! • Basic Toiletries
Arrival and Departure Times:
Bus: Drop-off at Indian Trail Ride Share (Exit 101 off I-85); Saturday, 9:15 am
Bus: Pickup at Indian Trail Ride Share (Exit 101 off I-85); Sunday, 2:00 pm
Car: Meet us at camp site; Saturday, 11:15 am
Car: Depart from camp site; Sunday at 12:00 pm
Note: There is no extra cost for spring weekend or transportation as fees are included in year-round costs!
Spring Retreat Dates 2014:
TBD at Lake Burton (February)
TBD at Lake Allatoona (March)
TBD at Lake Allatoona (April)
Why should you go to an ALA weekend?
• To interview for your place as a Leader in Training (LIT), or Advanced Leadership Camp (ALC)
• To start building your Service, Adventure, Leadership, and Technical training skills.
• To have fun and fellowship with friends while learning how to be the "SALT of the Earth."
• Spend time at camp and participate in character building service projects.
• Sing, dance, play, and learn with your fellow ALA members and your favorite staff from the summer.
Things To Bring
• Written letter stating why you want to be a part of the ALA program
• Two reference letters, from coaches, teachers, youth leaders,...etc. Download the Letter Of Recommendation Form
• Parents letter stating why they want their child to be in the ALA
Arrival and Departure Times
Bus: Drop-off at (Exit 101 off I-85) Indian Trail Ride Share; Saturday, 9:15 a.m. Look for the buses.
Bus: Pickup at Indian Trail Ride Share; Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
Car: Meet us at site, Saturday, 11:15 a.m.
Car: Depart from site, Sunday, 12:00 p.m.
Weekend Fee: $65
Transportation: $35 (Non-Refundable if cancelled less then one week prior to retreat)
** 2013 ALA members have already paid the fall retreat fees ***
Fall Retreat Dates 2013:
October 5-6 @ Lake Allatoona
October 26-27 @ Lake Burton
November 16-17 @ Lake Burton
© Copyright 2008, Metro Atlanta YMCA. All rights reserved.